"An enterprise architecture (EA) describes the structure of an enterprise, its decomposition into subsystems, the relationships between the subsystems, the relationships with the external environment, the terminology to use, and the guiding principles for the design and evolution of an enterprise. An enterprise architecture provides a holistic, systematic description of an enterprise. It encompasses business functions, business process, people, organization, business information, software applications and computer systems with their relationships to enterprise goals." - Wikipedia
Enterprise architecture is an IT focused, broad scoped discipline that brings operational excellence to an organization through the systematic and rational methods to the design. In the broader scope of IT governance, enterprise architecture is seen as the key constituent which results in strategic alignment of IT with the business strategy.
At the end of the training, participants will be able to
- Describe what enterprise architecture is in detail and with clarity.
- Compare and contrast some of the popular enterprise architecture frameworks.
- Chief Information Officers
- Enterprise Architects
- Data, Applications, Technology, Information Systems Managers
- Business, Data, Applications, Technology Architects
- Business Analysts, Systems Analysts
- General familiarity with software systems and how they work in business environments.
4 Days (~32 hours)
Kamal Wickramanayake (Profile)
- This training is delivered in a seminar/workshop environment where participants will not be using computers for exercise.
- To facilitate easy understanding, the order in which content will be covered during the training may differ from the order of the content given below.
- What is enterprise architecture?
- What are the problems taken care of by enterprise architecture?
- Values of enterprise architecture
- Position of enterprise architecture with respect to corporate and IT governance
Overview Of Some Enterprise Architecture Frameworks
- US Department of Defense Architecture Framework
- Federal Enterprise Architecture: Practical Guide
- What else is there?
- Comparing enterprise architecture frameworks
Architecture Development Process
- Architecture specification
- Architecture modeling
- Architectural views
- Architecture patterns, reference models
- Content metamodel
Architecture Development: Enterprise Architecture Principles
- What are enterprise architecture principles?
- What are the problems taken care of by enterprise architecture principles?
- What are the values generated by enterprise architecture principles?
- Classification of principles
- Sample set of principles
Architecture Development: Architecture Vision
- Problem description
- Tailoring architecture framework
- Initial version of baseline/target architectures
Architecture Development: Sub Architectures
- Business architecture
- Data architecture
- Applications architecture
- Technology architecture
Architecture Development: Remaining Steps
- Opportunities and solutions
- Migration planning
- Implementation governance
- Architecture change management
- Architecture requirement management
- Purpose of a repository
- Classifying assets
- Evolution of architecture
- Process maturity models
- Architecture maturity models
Implementation Road Map
- Business transformation readiness assessment
- Dealing with organizational politics
- Phase by phase implementation
- Evolutionary implementation
- Required organizational structures
- Roles and responsibilities
- Architecture contracts
- Federated enterprise implementations